|MOUNTAIN OUTIN' Tours, Inc|
Island Spirit Alaska Inside Passage Cruise
Sitka to Seattle
British Columbia Coastal waterways
Washington's San Juan Islands
5 - 18 September, 2012
The Island Spirit is an American flag vessel with an American crew. With a guest list of under 30 passengers, you'll get to know Capt. Jeff Behrens and his staff on a personal basis. On board amenities include lounge, bar, dining room, and a top deck observation lounge. A motorized skiff and kayaks are available for local excursions.
Travel is during daytime only so you'll not miss any of the spectacular scenery. At night the engines are shut down and the ship operates on battery power, so there is no engine noise or vibration -- only the sound of water lapping against the hull.
Alaska Range by Joe Shine Sunset on Baronof Island by David Mendosa
• Visit Sitka, with its Tlingit and Russian heritage
• Cruise Chatham Strait and Ferderick Sound in Southeast Alaska, with its frequent sightings of otters, humpback whales, Orca Whales, porpoises, eagles -- a spectacular wildlife show!
• Jet boat excursion to LeConte Glacier, the southernmost tidewater glacier in Alaska.
• Visit the Tlingit village of Kake and meet with a village elder for a personal insight into life in a small native Alaskan fishing village.
• Visit Petersburg to experience its Norwegian heritage.
• Visit Ketchikan, where salmon can be observed in the creek running through downtown.
• Travel through the secluded channels and dense rainforests of coastal British Columbia--the land of the Haida. The salmon are entering the coastal streams--which means bears are waiting for them, providing us with great bear viewing opportunities.
• Travel through Johnstone Strait, the narrow passage separating northern Vancouver Island from the mainland--and home to several pods of Orcas (killer whales).
• Visit Friday Harbor in Washington's San Juan Islands.
Fare: $5895 per person. Additional for single occupancy: $70.
Be among the first 12 guests to book, and receive a $150 per person discount. Offer valid through 31 October, 2011.
Fare includes 12 night cruise plus an additional night in Sitka hotel, 36 meals, all shore tours, all taxes and port fees, use of the kayaks and skiff, daily hosted cocktail party, wine with dinners, luggage handling of two bags per person.
Not included in the tour fare: Travel to Sitka and home from Seattle; individual sightseeing during free time, gratuities on on board staff, items of a personal nature.
Below are photographs of wildlife seen from the Island Spirit in Southeast Alaska, May, 2011. Photography by David Mendosa. www.mendosa.com
3 eagles watching Brown bear munching on dandelions
Otter in Chatham Strait Stellar sea lion harem
Harlequin duck Pod of Orcas at sunset
Mountain Outin' Tours, Inc.
P.O. Box 70; East Irvine, California 92650
(800) 844-3985 or (949) 837-9061
Last update: 19 April 2013